Our Lives Online officially kicks-off at the start of the spring semester and there are many opportunities to get involved. Below find the full line-up of marquee activities for the spring 2017 Theme Semester about the Internet and technology.
Our Lives Online Marquee Activities
- Thursday, January 12: 4CAST (faculty conference)
- Tuesday, January 17: WorldCanvass: Our Lives Online
- Wednesday, January 18: Luvvie Ajayi Lecture: Speaking Truth to Power
- Thursday, January 26: Connected: the Internet of Everyday Things Exhibition Opening Reception
- Thursday, February 2: Hawkeye Lunch & Learn: Women in Technology in Iowa City
- Tuesday, February 7: Hawkeye Lunch & Learn: Women in Technology in Des Moines
- Monday February 6: Patrisse Cullors Lecture: #BlackLivesMatter
- Monday, February 13: An Evening with Oscar Salazar
- Friday, February 17: Out of Bounds in Des Moines Public Schools
- Friday, February 17: Informatics Symposium
- Friday, March 3: Day of Unplugging
- Monday, March 6: Places & Spaces Exhibition Closing Lecture with Professor Börner
- Tuesday, March 7: Hawkeye Lunch & Learn: Big Data, Big Brother in Des Moines
- Thursday, March 9: Hawkeye Lunch & Learn: Big Data, Big Brother in Iowa City
- Thursday, April 6: Hawkeye Lunch & Learn: The Virtual Soldier in Iowa City
- Saturday, April 8: Mission Creek Festival's A+L+T Series Partnership
- Tuesday, April 11: Hawkeye Lunch & Learn: The Virtual Soldier in Des Moines
- Thursday, April 20: Neri Oxman Lecture: Everything is Connected
- Friday, April 21: Hawkeye Innovation Expo
- Thursday-Friday, May 4-5: EntreFEST Partnership
Some event details are still being finalized. Continue to check the website for more information. Join the conversation online using #UITHEME.
Download the 8.5x11 Marquee Activities Poster to share with your colleagues and friends!